Sunday, June 3, 2012

REVIEW: Lush's Angel on Bare Skin Cleanser

Lush hit our shores on December 2nd last year but it was only this May that I made my first purchase. It wasn't my first time stepping into the cozy market-like store. But somehow, the scents of all the soaps overwhelm me... In not a good way.

Anyway, the hols were beginning to bore me out of my gourd (I now crave for that boredom.) and I wanted to step out of Cetaphil's comfort zone. My main consideration was and is and will forever be ingredients, so I thought I get a little Lush. And after much research and deliberation, this is what I got!



Okay, so I guess I didn't really step very far from my comfort zone. Angels on Bare Skin is one of the more famed Lush's cleansers. It is a gentle, nutty, lavender scrub that is compatible with all skin types.



Here's what Lush has to say about her:

For heavenly soft and balanced skin, take a smidge of Angels on Bare Skin, mix with a little water and massage in. The kaolin clay base deep cleanses while ground almonds gently exfoliate the dead skin away. Rose and lavender are added to soothe and help balance out combination skin. It's our best selling preservative-free and packaging-free daily cleanser for all skin types, so if you don't know which cleanser to choose and it's heavenly skin you're after, start with Angels.



The ingredients (Part 1).



The ingredients (Part 2).




I knew that Lush has her products in big and small sizes but I didn't know that the weights aren't uniform for each class and they have different prices. I picked the lightest of the small Angels on Bare Skin tubs and I like that I could choose the weight I want.



And here's my half-used tub! Angels on Bare Skin takes on a porridge form, that is slightly tinted with green. It is dotted throughout with dried leaves, which umm... I think are choking up my sink a little...

Anyway, before I let you in on my thoughts, here's how you use the 'porridge'!



Take a pea-sized amount of Angels on Bare Skin.



Add some water (Not too much!).



Squish and squash it.



And squish and squash some more. Till it turns into a paste.



Apply on to your face!

The 100g black tub that Angels on Bare Skin is housed in is light but sturdy. I don't really like the fact that I have to stick my fingers into the product but I guess a squeeze tube will require some fuss in getting the cleanser out.

Once the lid is removed, the scent of lavender-mixed-with-lots-of-other-organic-stuff hits you. I love the scent of lavender but somehow this concoction doesn't smell appealing to me. At all. I haven't actually found anything in Lush that speaks to my sense of smell (Soap and Glory too. I know. Weird nose.). Anyway, the scent doesn't linger for too long so I'm fine with it.

I have been using the cleanser for close to a month now. After each wash, my face feels softer and I don't get the squeaky-clean feeling (Which I do NOT like.). My dry skin areas seek comfort in the essential oils found in this cleanser (They don't hurt that much.), though they still remain dry.

(Just a side note: Some parts of my skin, especially my chin, have gone all dry on me again since my internship started. Late nights, plenty of artificial air... SIGH. I haven't been using my trusty ol' Belif moisturizer as I'm testing something else.)

Unlike some people who found miracle in this black tub where breakouts are concerned, I discovered none. My skin is still the same as before, temperamental every few weeks. Nevertheless, it is quite an enjoyable cleanser though as aforementioned, it can get pretty messy with the leaves.

I think Angels on Bare Skin is better for those who are blessed with good skin and want to maintain it. For those with oily skin, you may want to look at Dark Angels or Herbalism instead. As for me, when I'm done with this, I'm done... Done with Angels on Bare Skin. Most certainly, not with Lush. Though I'm still not a fan of their scents. I'll probably get Aqua Marina or Fresh Farmacy next.

Thanks for reading! Let me know if you have any questions... Comment, tweet, email, I'm very available. Haha. Alrighty, have a pleasant week ahead! :DDD
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig